Pratt Institute of Design, 2010
What are you currently up to? I work at my own company, and as couture dressmaker for the Garo Sparo Atelier.
Do you currently sell your collection somewhere? Yes, but each piece is custom made in a classic couture fashion through appointment only. timothyk.net
Are you planning on showing next NYFW? Yes I will be this upcoming September!
Who are 3 artists past or present who inspire you?
Ludwig Van Beethoven, Charles James, Ian Mackaye each for their innovation, ideology, and willingness to stand out from the crowd in there respective disciplines.
Where do you hope to be 3 years from now?
I hope to be just finishing a assistant designer apprenticeship with one of the couture designers that I look up to for inspiration, so that I can take my company to the next level. To create beautiful clothing for the right reasons: as “l’art pour l’art”. We seek the beauty normally found in fine art, ballet, and the movement of a well-crafted symphony, now found in the physical lines of clothing. Our goal is to sustain a fashion house where we may be free to create, to execute artistic vision and share it, allowing our ideology to be an influence, no matter how small, on the perception of art, fashion, and culture.
- Rene Hunter Eveningwear Award- Winner of critic’s top choice in the evening wear category for Pratt’s annual fashion show
- “Emerging Fashion Designers II”- Selected to be featured in the book, published by Schiffer Publishing
- “The Hartford Courant”- Front Page article on the work of Timothy Kuzmeski
- “The Fashion Journal”-Print and online publication- June issue, “Graduating Class of 2010″- Spotlight in country’s top graduating students
- “The Prattler” – Pratt Institute’s Collegiate Publication – Student Spotlight recipient
- Pratt Undergraduate Fashion Achievement Scholarship – Sole Recipient
- Pratt Outstanding Merit Portfolio Scholarship – Recipient
- National Portfolio Competition- Gold Key Award (1st place)