Ever wonder how the makeup artists create looks for fashion shows? Me too! Which is why I thought it would be fun to share a few looks that Laura Mercier designed this past NYFW!
The makeup look is a modern take on the glamorous 1970s, inspired by Jerry Hall and the lyrics from the Rolling Stones song about her, “She’s a Rainbow.”
“Have you seen her all in gold
Like a queen in days of old
She shoots colors all around
Like a sunset going down.”
She’s A Rainbow – Rolling Stones
This look complemented Jenny Packham’s collection, which is inspired by gleaming skies of opal whites and azure blues, painted with lavish glittering brush strokes and arresting vivid rainbow hues of geranium reds, sunset oranges, lemon drop yellows and citrus limes, ending with dazzling encrusted Swarovski crystals in radiant golds.
FACE “Matte, Flawless Skin”
- Talia contoured the cheeks with Laura Mercier Matte Bronzer in Dune Bronze and Laura Mercier Mineral Pressed Powder in Warm Chestnut.
- Talia smoothed over any imperfections using Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage.
EYES “Dewy and natural”
- Talia created a glossy texture without any liner by layering on Laura Mercier Eye Basics in Flax, then Laura Mercier Metallic Crème Eye Colour in Platinum, followed by Sequin Eye Shadow in Pink Crystal and the NEW! Laura Mercier Foundation Primer in Radiance (launching December 2011). The look was finished with Laura Mercier Lip Glacé in Crystal.
- The lustrous lashes were created by layering five coats of Laura Mercier Full Blown Mascara and Laura Mercier Long Lash Mascara in Black on the top and bottom lashes.
- Lastly, Talia filled in the brows and extended them out a bit using Laura Mercier Brow Definer on the eyebrows.
LIPS “Vivid and Matte”
- Talia emphasized the lip by mixing Laura Mercier Lip Pencils in Ruby, Redwood and Very Cherry.
- She then made the lips pop by dabbing Laura Mercier Crème Lip Colour in Bing Cherry in the center.